When your vehicle won’t operate because of a damaged Electronic Control Module (ECM), it can unexpectedly cause disruptions in your day. Finding a reliable and trusted repair service is the first step. It’s important to also understand the processes taken to get your control module repaired. As a result, we’re answering some of our customers most frequently asked questions to serve as a helpful resource.
Do you just replace modules or do you repair them as well?
- Both! ModuleExperts offers a range of services that are designed to get you back on the road as quickly as possible. We provide two different service options; repair and remanufactured replacement. We can first attempt to repair your module. There are times when this is not a feasible option due to; excessive age, burnt (melted) circuit boards, or excessive corrosion from moisture or water damage. In these cases, it’s sometimes necessary to provide a remanufactured replacement instead.
- In order to facilitate the repair process, we gather vehicle and symptom information on our “Control Module Info” document that is best completed by your mechanic. Armed with this information, our experienced and trained technicians then perform a Diagnostic Evaluation Service (DES). Our goal is to correct the root cause of the issue.
- In the event that your Electronic Control Module (ECM) cannot be repaired to meet or exceed manufacturer specifications, we can typically offer you two options. A remanufactured replacement module or a new one. Additionally, we apply the cost of the Rebuild and Return Service (R&R) towards the cost of the replacement module, saving you money.
- Our remanufactured replacement modules are thoroughly inspected. Parts and components that are prone to failure are replaced. In addition, each module is tested extensively to ensure that it meets our exacting standards. We stand behind our workmanship with a life-time warranty.
Do you have one on the shelf?
- At ModuleExperts, we pride ourselves on our ability to get our customers back on the road quickly. We stock a vast inventory of control modules for domestic & import passenger vehicles, SUVs/CUVs, as well as commercial, light/heavy duty truck & diesel applications to help keep your vehicle down-time to a minimum. We also maintain stock on key components that are most likely to fail. If we cannot repair your module to meet or exceed manufactures specifications, we can often offer you a remanufactured replacement unit at a fraction of the cost of a new one.
How long until I get it?
- At ModuleExperts our turnaround times are quick, typically 2-3 business days on repairs and 3-5 business days for remanufactured replacement control modules.
- We also maintain an inventory of Ready to Ship (RTS) control modules that typically only need off-board programming prior to shipping. If we have your remanufactured module in stock, our typical delivery time is 2-3 days.
- Need it quicker? We also offer expedited services and can get a working control module back to you in as little as 2 days.
Have additional questions about the processes we take to get a control module back in working order? Be sure to read our customer FAQ series or give us a call at 888-593-2262. The skilled technicians at ModuleExperts are here to help.