We receive many questions from our shoppers about the processes we follow to repair a malfunctioning or damaged Electronic Control Module (ECM) back to working order. As a result, we’ve answered some of the most common questions so you can easily access the information you need most.
- Can you fix my problem?
At ModuleExperts, we don’t apply a one-size-fits-all approach to our customers’ ECM. We start with our Diagnostic Evaluation Service (DES). Our DES includes;
- External inspection and internal examination.
- Communication check.
- Testing of components, capacitors, solder, trace lines, internal circuit board, processor and more.
This extensive testing pinpoints the source of the issue. We can then advise you on the best solution option. We offer two primary services when it comes to resolving your failing ECM issue; repair, and remanufactured replacement.
Every ECM we work with is different. This can be the case with the same module for the identical vehicle, make and model. They may differ due changes in manufacture build or their unique conditions. For example, one might have water damage, and another burnt components. The best solution for one may be a repair, the other a remanufactured replacement.
- Do you have the module I need in stock?
At ModuleExperts, we pride ourselves on our ability to get our customers back on the road quickly. We stock a vast inventory of control modules to help keep your vehicle down-time to a minimum. We also maintain stock on key components that are most likely to fail. If we cannot repair your module to meet or exceed manufactures specifications, we can often offer you a remanufactured replacement unit at a fraction of the cost of a new one.
- I see companies that offer modules for less. Is there a difference? Why should I go with you?
ModuleExperts provides the best combination of experience, multiple services, outstanding customer service, and competitive prices.
- The highly skilled technicians at ModuleExperts have more than a century of combined experience. We employ electronics technicians with varied experience including Military Veterans and recent Technical School graduates. Continuing education of technical skills is on-going.
- Some companies offer only a repair or a just a reman. ModuleExperts offers both repair and remanufacture replacement services.
- Some companies offer to sell you a warranty. ModuleExperts includes a Life-time Warranty.
- We are an accredited member of the BBB and have an A rating.
The above questions cover only the basics. We encourage you to get in touch with us by completing a request form or call us at 888-593-2262 with your questions about a particular control module and our service capabilities.